Learning Through Play
Our curriculum is planned around The New Early Years Foundation Stage (2012) for children from birth to five years.
It includes four guiding principles-
- Every child is a unique child
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships
- Children learn and develop in enabling enviorenments
- Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates
And seven areas of learning
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- understanding of the world
- expressive arts and design
By planning and observing the children we are able to provide activities that are;
- Based on their own interests
- Educational and fun
- Age appropriate
- Suitable for progression
Recording & Assessment
On entering the group you will be given a book to fill in at home with your child. This will be put in their folder and kept with examples of their work. Also all children have a foundation stage learning story which is filled in by staff to record mile stones, achievements and progression. The assessment book can be passed on to the reception class teacher, together with a transitional report when your child leaves to go to school.
Your child will also have their own home/preschool diary, in which we record things they have done during the morning. You can use this book to write comments yourself, if you wish.