Learning Through Play
Our curriculum is planned around The New Early Years Foundation Stage (2012) for children from birth to five years.
It includes four guiding principles-
- Every child is a unique child
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships
- Children learn and develop in enabling enviorenments
- Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates
And seven areas of learning
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- understanding of the world
- expressive arts and design
By planning and observing the children we are able to provide activities that are;
- Based on their own interests
- Educational and fun
- Age appropriate
- Suitable for progression
Recording & Assessment (Tapestry)
When your child joins Pre-School you will be asked to complete an admission form and also a form about your child. This will include details of people they live with, any pets and things your child likes to do.
We will observe and assess your child. We use an online system called tapestry. Each week (with your permission) we will send you a detailed observation including photographs of your child’s week in Pre-School.
This builds a picture of your child’s progress and development.